Sunday 21 September 2014

Your Connection with my Mum...

Is it OK if I share a personal connection with you about my Mum?

You see, when I started in property almost 10 years ago, I found it hard to find the right investing strategy.

I ran down so many blind alleys. I got sucked into some ‘get rich quick,’ schemes and got rich slow. I had all this wayward energy and desire, but felt I was just breathlessly doggy paddling against a strong tide, not actually moving.

I don’t know if you can relate to this at all?

I naively thought it would be child’s play; buy property, make money. It was a boom back then too, everyone was talking about property all you had to do is buy some...

And wait.

While all this was going on, my Mum was watching me. She said I was like a “Bluebottle against a window.” Because I’d assessed strategy after strategy with no actual income and I was getting more and more frustrated.

I really thought about giving up. Could I actually do it?

I certainly couldn’t foresee buying/selling almost 400 properties.

But then Mum said:

“Keep going Rob, and you’ll find the open window.”

(At this time my Mum had some family inheritance money that was getting hammered by inflation. She omitted to tell me this! Waiting was really hurting her, but back to that in a moment) -

Back in 2005, no one told me the single biggest thing every (would be) property investor needs to face and defeat if they have any chance of making some decent income...

Because everyone was telling me a different strategy and I felt like my head was going to explode -

You see no one told me that confusion, overwhelm, frustration and inaction would actually be my single biggest barrier.

Worse than most ‘active,’ mistakes -

Don’t get me wrong, I’d lost money, but you just get right back up and try again with more savvy and a thicker skin. The pain creates motivation, right;

But when you spend hours, days, months working so hard but doing (achieving) so little, it sucks the life right out of your soul.

And not doing anything ends up costing the most, especially in the boom markets like we’re in. Another few months doing ‘due diligence,’ and another 20K left on the table.

So most people, like Mum, who have some funds, just leave the money in the bank and it gets worse and worse the longer it goes on, until they either look elsewhere, wasting all the invested time, or out of desperation they make one huge, nail-in-the-Coffin mistake) -

And I thought it was just me...

And that’s where your connection with my Mum kicks in, because the time came for us to make A DECISION.

Right NOW;

Even if we weren’t quite ready, or it was a slight risk, or it could end up being the wrong one, because we both knew I had to do something, and Mum had to invest that money somewhere.

So I got into property full time doing the fundamentals; high yielding, discounted single lets. I went round and round and round and then held my breath and started with the least glitzy (but most sustainable) strategy. I did something.

And Mum invested her inheritance money in single lets too and has been earning double digit yearly income ever since, leveraging me (Progressive) to build and manage her portfolio.

She waited for me to find something that worked, and then she leveraged the time, sweat, research and finally, results I’d almost missed out on.

So here’s the question: What are you going to do?

Let’s fast forward to now -

Having helped over 200,000 property investors I was literally gobsmacked to discover that this confusion, overwhelm and inaction is the SINGLE biggest obstacle to success of a property investor.

Whether it is looking for certainty, not wanting to get burned, fear, overwhelm from all the creative strategies out there, the polarised views on forums or the sensationalism of the media...

If you are like my Mum, you have funds and you haven’t placed them and you’re watching as property soars and inflation eats away at your future, we can help you.

If you’d like to leverage the 27,000 hours and near 400 discounted properties we’ve bought or sold since 2005...

Click Here



If you’d also like help to make that decision, you’d like a secure yet growing return on your funds, and you want to partner with a team that has been there, made the mistakes, seen the last boom (and missed out by procrastinating for many years)...

Then 60-90 minutes one evening in the comfort of your own home will give you all the details:

Click Here



I can’t tell you how many people I speak to that were window shopping in property when we started, who’ve spent 100’s of hours achieving nothing; they got left behind in the cold.

Many of them with families to support, cash getting eroded, still in jobs they hate, watching with envy as others seem to fearlessly run with it.

This is only for people with funds to invest.

Click Here



But if you know someone close to you with funds then you may be able to help them

And even if you don’t want to partner with us, just do something

Or you may regret it when you see many people you knew who started now and surfed the wave of the imminent buy to let boom 




Invest for Freedom, Choice & Profit
Karl Spencer
Progressive Portfolio Builder 

No comments:

Post a Comment